Thirteen things about Titanium
1. It’s been 4 weeks since youngest daughter came home from her stay at the hospital.
2. Youngest daughter (age 10) was diagnosed with Type I diabetes on December 19, 2006.
3. Her blood glucose was over 750 and she was diagnosed with DKA (diabetic keto-acidosis.
4. The first time I gave DD an insulin injection, I thought I was going to pass out.
5. Now, it’s completely normal to give her injections.
6. DD started giving herself insulin injections when we’d been home from the hospital for a week. Now she does about half of her injections and I do the rest.
7. Youngest DD and DS started a new elementary school this month.
8. My kids have been out of school this week because of icy road conditions.
9. For the past 2 days, they’ve been sledding with my sister & her children in the afternoons. They’ve had a blast!
10. We’re not used to ice and snow in Oklahoma – I’ve seen some really crazy driving this week.
11. We’ve been advised by local weather forecasters to expect 3-6 inches of snow this weekend.
12. Nothing brings a family together quite like the auditions for a new season if American Idol.
13. We’ve had a blast watching the past couple of nights.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!