Thanks to Jackie for this list. 🙂
End-of-year meme for 2006
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? I bought and moved into a new house!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My resolution for 2006 was to play more games with my children – and yes, I kept it. I will make a resolution for 2007, but haven’t decided what it will be yet.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Stayed in America this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Sleep more. I tend to stay up later than I should.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? December 18, 2006 – youngest daughter was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes on that date.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I overcame my fear of giving injections to my child.
9. What was your biggest failure? I’m not as far along with getting totally out of debt (except for the mortgage) as I’d hoped.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The house
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Youngest daughter’s courage & positive attitude.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Oklahoma House Representative Sally Kern (HD-84) – I did not feel depressed, but definitely appalled.
14. Where did most of your money go? Daily living, monthly household expenses, 401K, a few auto repairs – nothing major.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Moving into the new house.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? How to Save a Life – The Fray
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? the same
c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Saved more money.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry.
20. How did you be spending Christmas? Spent Christmas with my children, my parents, two sisters & their families at my parents’ house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? No.
22. How many one-night stands? Zero.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Grey’s Anatomy
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. I don’t hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read? Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Didn’t have a great musical discovery this year.
27. What did you want and get? A new home.
28. What did you want and not get? The house packed up and moved by a moving company.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Spent the day with family, I am 37.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have paid off my car.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Business casual most of the time (work) – at home, whatever is comfortable.
33. What kept you sane? Prayer, talking with my mom & my two sisters, my friends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Johnny Depp, not only for his looks, but also for what he believes in, how he chooses his roles, how he loves his family and protects them.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? anything authored or supported by narrow minded Oklahoma House Representative Sally Kern (HD-84).
36. Who did you miss? My grandparents.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Amy, the diabetes educator
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. I can only control my own actions (I’ve learned this one before 2006, but it was reinforced this year).
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Jackie said, “I’m officially eliminating this question now, because I can never quote song lyrics,” so I don’t have to answer this one!