1. We’ve only got to wait a few more weeks until Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest comes out on DVD. Are you planning to purchase it? Isn’t Cap’n Jack one of the best movie characters ever? I think Johnny Depp’s vision for him was/is so clever.
2. I’ve been packing since we’ll be moving soon. I’m so ready to not have these boxes stacked up all over the place.
3. 11 yr old son & 10 yr old daughter will be going to a new school for the spring semester. 13 yr old daughter will not be switching schools in January.
4. Next year (2007-08 school year), all 3 children will be switching schools. Youngest daughter & son will be in middle school (with all their friends from their current school & from the new school) and oldest daughter will be in high school.
5. I’ve not done much Christmas shopping yet. Have you?
6. My energy has been focused on moving, transferring utilities, basketball season – things like that.
7. I read, Chocolat by Joanne Harris this past week. It’s a cute book – not a deep read. I especially liked Roux the gypsy (probably because my mental eye had Johnny Depp wandering around in my head).
8. I’m currently reading, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind. The author is excellent. The book is hard to put down.
9. Since I’ll be moving the first week of December, I’m going to put up my Christmas decorations right away. I already know just where the tree needs to be – just to the side of the big windows in the living room.
10. Last year, I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). This year, I am not participating. I have too much going on. But I plan to participate next year. It was hard work, but the sense of accomplishment after I finished was wonderful! Are you partipating? Do you know anyone who is?
11. How many spaces do you put at the end of a sentence? I was taught to use two spaces. I guess there’s been some controversey in proof-reading/writing circles about whether it’s best to use one space or two at the ends of sentences.
12. I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately & not posting much. I think it’s these boxes stacked up all over my home. They really bother me. A lot.
13. When you send emails to business associates/co-workers, do you use salutations and sign offs? Or do you just start typing as if you were standing there having a conversation? People that I work with are very casual with email and it drives me nuts. I find it very unprofessional. See number nine on this list by Judith Kallos.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!